Saturday, February 2, 2013

7 Layer Bean Dip

My folks were in town a month ago and we watched a lot of bowl games while they were here. One thing I love to munch on during a game is 7 layer bean dip. I didn't have a recipe on hand so I found one online with some of the ingredients I was wanting to put in my dip. I tweaked it a little and it turned out really good. But with all the ingredients it's actually 8 layer dip which makes it ever better!

Okay and I get that half of the dip was 7 layer dip and half was 8, I don't like olives.

7 Layer Bean Dip
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 large tomato chopped
1 bunch green onions chopped
Sliced olives
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Guacamole (3 large ripe avocados smashed mixed with 3/4 tsp salt, dash of oregano, and the juice of a lemon)

In a medium bowl mix the taco seasoning and beans. Spread the mixture onto the platter or pan. I used a 9x13. Mix sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans. (I didn't use the whole 16 ounces. Maybe just 12 since I thought that was going to be a really thick layer of dairy and it turned out good.) Layer on the guacamole. Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato and green onions and top with cheese. Garnish with black olives.

I much prefer dip with Fritos Scoops but it's good with any tortilla chip really. Enjoy the party in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment