Saturday, February 16, 2013

Taco Soup

This is seriously one of the yummiest soups I've ever had. A friend of mine made some taco soup for a work potluck and I asked her what was in it, she gave me the basic ingredients and I looked for a similar recipe online. One of things that sets this taco soup apart is the dry ranch mix. I couldn't find a recipe online that had exactly what I wanted to so I just put what I wanted in the soup. So here it is:

Taco Soup
1 lb. ground beef (I use 1/2 lb. since I'm not a big ground beef fan)
1 onion chopped
1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans, with liquid
1 (16 oz.) can black beans, with liquid
1 (16 oz.) can pinto beans, with liquid
1 (16 oz.) can corn, with liquid
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes with chilies and liquid
1 (16 oz.) can crushed tomatoes, with liquid
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix

Saute ground beef and onion, drain. Put all other ingredients including beef and onions in the slow cooker, mix well. Cook on low 3-4 hours. Top with sour cream, chips (we prefer Fritos), and grated cheese.
 
 A couple things about this recipe, you can use chicken or leftover roast beef if you prefer instead of ground beef. Also, you can switch out the beans for whichever kind you like. We prefer black, kidney and pinto in our soup. And if you don't like spicy, use the mild Ro-tel, otherwise it has a bit of a kick. Scott told me this recipe was a home run which is saying something. I hope you like it! Serves 10. 1 cup= 5 WW SP

1 comment: