Monday, March 25, 2013

Chocolate peanut butter eggs

Around Easter every year I remember that it's time to make these bad boys. Believe me, they are a crowd pleaser. And the best part is, they are so simple to make. I made 2 batches in an hour. Each batch makes about 36 (depending on how big you make them). Seriously yum...

Peanut Butter Eggs
1 lb. powdered sugar
1/4 cup margarine (melted)
2 cups chunky peanut butter
3 cups rice krispies

Dip in:
8 oz. Hershey bar
6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 bar parawax

Mix the first 4 ingredients. I usually use a wooden spoon and then dig my (clean) hands into it to mix it together. Then you will take a handful and squeeze it until it's sticking together (they will be crumbly). I make up all the balls at once and then dip.  Melt the chocolate and wax in a double boiler. Dip eggs in chocolate and lay on wax paper. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Then eat 20, and start the second batch so it looks like you made some for everyone else. :)
One tip with this... last time I made this, I did a little less powdered sugar and a little more rice krispies, it was totally by mistake but the hubby totally preferred those ones. They were less crumbly and not as sweet. But it's totally preference. I have no "too sweet" or "too rich" sensor.

So, make them, and enjoy everybody loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment