Thursday, June 4, 2015

Zesty Pasta Salad

Confession: I never had pasta salad growing up. If I went to a party and it was there I usually didn't take some. When I married Scott he told me that for his birthday he always got to pick what they had for dinner. He always wanted smokies, pasta salad and potato salad. So I made it a point to learn his mom's recipes when we got married so that he could have these things on his birthday. I still haven't perfected the potato salad, but I make the pasta salad several times a year. It's super simple, it just takes time to chop fresh veggies.

Zesty Pasta Salad
Package of penne pasta (prepared as directed on the package)
1 cucumber sliced and quartered
Can of sliced olives
1 8 oz. cube cheese cubed into 1/2 inch squares- we use cheddar or Colby jack
3 Roma tomatoes diced
Pepperoni quartered
Wishbone Italian dressing

Place all items but dressing into the bowl. Mix well and then add dressing. We usually use about 1/2-3/4 bottle and let it cool in the fridge and add more dressing before serving, as the dressing soaks in and the pasta loses the flavor. I love that it's so colorful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment